- 此护士时常使用相同的理由和借口来解释她的迟到， 例如交通拥挤，路上有修道工程， 上班路程中出现状况以及她家与医院的距离。
- 在工业法院听里，护士声称她的健康状况是其中导致她的惯性迟到的原因。 但是，她从未和雇主商量过她的健康状况， 也没有在法庭上提呈任何医疗证明。
- 法院说，“此护士选择坚持她迟到的习惯，而不理会医院管理层的多次的警告。如果这不是狂妄自大， 不服从管理层，那是什么！ 换句话说， 她拒绝遵守医院的明确指示， 建议和警告的行为，相等于刻意不服从上司。 医院给了此护士很多机会见上司和讨论 她的问题， 但是都拒绝了这些机会。”
- A senior hospital nurse with 26 years’ service was dismissed for lateness over a four-year period.
- The Hospital’s position was that the claimant was in the unhealthy habit of challenging and defying the management’s instructions and directions pertaining to her consistent late coming and failure to clock out regularly.
- The nurse had been issued with many written warnings. Her lateness had caused dissatisfaction amongst the other nursing staff who had to wait for her to arrive for her shift before they could leave work.
- The nurse consistently used the same reasons and excuses for her habitual tardiness such as heavy traffic, road works and such like situations on the road and the distance between her home and the Hospital.
- During the Industrial Court hearing, the nurse claimed that she had a medical condition which was partly the cause of her habitual lateness. However, she had never discussed this condition with her employer, nor did she produced any medical proof in Court.
- The Court said, “Here the claimant elected to persist in her late coming regardless of the numerous admonishments from the Hospital’s management. If this is not blatant, nay arrogant, insubordination, nothing is! In other words, her refusal to comply with clear and unequivocal instructions, advice and warnings from the Hospital can be equated to deliberate insubordination. Many opportunities were afforded to the claimant to meet and discuss her issues with her superiors but each time, those chances were rebuffed by the claimant for reasons best known to herself.”
- The Industrial Court upheld the dismissal.
- Employee Misconduct, CLJ Publication
- Vasantha Permalu v. Adventist Health Services (M) Sdn Bhd & Anor  2 ILR 465
*加入 我们的“法律与你同行”FB 群组: http://bit.ly/fblawnjustice
*Like 我们的“法律与你同行” FB Page: http://bit.ly/lawnjusticefbpage
*Wilson Kuek是“法律与你同行 Law & Justice”面子书群组的创办人。“法律与你同行”是马来西亚最大的法律平台。我们为无数的平民百姓免费解除了各类的法律困扰。
*Kuek, Ong & Associates. Advocates & Solicitors. No.86-1, Jalan Mahagoni 1, Bandar Botanic, 41200 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Klang Lawyer. 巴生(吧生)律师楼。
*We have more than 15 years of experience in the legal profession. We handle matters such as commercial disputes, civil litigation, debt recovery, probate & letter of administration, will, divorce, children custody, maintenance/alimony, adoption, distribution of matrimonial assets, drafting commercial agreement, drafting sale and purchase agreement, process loan documentations, legal consultation, legal advisory, miscellaneous legal works.
#马来西亚华人律师 #Chinese Lawyer in Malaysia #Malaysia Lawyer #巴生律师 #吧生律师 #Klang Lawyer #KL律师 #吉隆坡律师 #KL Lawyer #懂华文的律师
#Kuek, Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong & Associates #Kuek Ong Associates #郭汪律师事务所 #郭汪律师楼